Some of the most trusted people in our lives are our housekeepers. Those fortunate enough to have housekeepers know that they are people who often come to clean during the day while people are at work. And those who do not have the luxury of being able to afford them, they have at least seen housekeepers work at hotels. It is not always easy work, and often housekeepers are not treated well, especially ones working in hotels.
Here are some negative things housekeepers have admitted to doing in the course of their duties.
- One housekeeper admitted to playing with the children’s toys while at work because of fears of not being on site long enough.
- Another housekeeper in an office setting confessed to finishing his work by 7 AM and then sleeping the rest of the day.
- Housekeepers have also admitted to knowing a lot about a family’s or hotel customer’s sexual habits based on the close proximity housekeepers have to people’s belongings.
- Finally, as an example of mistreatment one housekeeper was called ‘Cinderella” when her supervisors would have guests over.
Housekeepers can also be very kind. Here are some positives!
- Some have left poetry for their guests and most have not stolen anything from their places of employment.
- Housekeeping is a challenging and demanding task which exposes people to high levels of private information about families or hotel guests. This level of trust is important because housekeepers help keep out houses or hotels from becoming unlivable because of a lack of time to clean. As with all professions, if you are nasty to a housekeeper, they have a lot of private information and subtle ways to cope at your expense, such as moving all the items just far enough to be inconvenient.
- Be kind to housekeepers, as they are often doing work many would not consider dignified, especially when others leave a big mess without regard for who has to clean it.
Source: Original article posted on Yoylo.com.