Cocktail waitresses should be considered the unsung heroes of the weekend experience. Cocktail waitresses manage to not break a sweat whilst delivering bottles upon bottles of alcohol to awaiting clientele. Whilst many assume that being a cocktail waitress is just wearing “slutty” clothes while serving alcohol and making easy tips, it in actual fact is the complete opposite.
It is quite a physically demanding job which involves dealing with drunk overly rowdy men and women whilst simultaneously giving them the experience of their life. Here are some highlights on what the average cocktail waitress goes through.
- They have to get accustomed to being touched anywhere and everywhere by complete strangers.
- They will know every popular song out there, they will hear these songs every night during their shift, so it is normal for them to sometimes wake up with popular songs stuck in their head.
- Repetitive conversations, they are most likely to have similar conversations with different clients over and over and over again.
- Their customers will on occasion dispute their tab at the end of the night. It is very common for customers to order what they cannot afford.
- The advantage of tabs running higher than their annual salary is that a high tab is will equal to the tip being high as well, so high tabs are always great.
- They no longer get fazed by customers drunk behaviour.
- The drinks can get heavy, cocktail waitresses have to carry a tray full of drinks through several dancing bodies and making it look effortless.
- Drinking on the job is allowed but getting wasted is not permitted.
- Getting home before sunrise is a rare occurrence.
- Cocktail waitresses get accustomed to making quite a lot of money.
- The best part about being a cocktail waitress is that some of the fellow waitresses will become like family.
- Sundays are always your rest day.